Re: [Evolution] evolution error while fetching mail

Hello,

I'm trying to use GNOME evolution 2.28.3 that was installed om my
system by default. I'm trying to use it with the gmail account and
with a couple more accounts but it doesn't work for neither of them.
I've used the standard options for gmail account (pop.gmail.com for
receiving mail, SSL encryption; smtp.gmail.com for sending mail, also
SSL encryption). But I always get the following error on the bottom
panel of the window: "evolution error while fetching mail". So I have
not still succeeded in either getting or receiving email from this
linux system.

Did you specify the port for the servers? I use gmail without a
problem to access my inbox using IMAP, but it should be more or less
the same for POP. Did you follow the instructions at
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=13287
Make sure you add the port after the name of the server (i.e.
pop.gmail.com:995 and the login name should be pulyakhina gmail com
not just pulyakhina)

Regards,

Constantin