Re: [Evolution] Trying to create Evolution-Exchange Account...

On Sun, 2010-05-30 at 17:33 -0400, Paul Smith wrote:
On Sun, 2010-05-30 at 17:09 -0400, Jerry LeVan wrote:
They are running Exchange 2007. I am currently using IMAP and it works
but I have to send email through my ISP.

I'm not sure why that would be: is it because your server admins don't
allow sending mail via IMAP?  I can send mail via IMAP to our Exchange
2007 server and it works.

I will take a look at the mapi back end. Does it come with documentation
on how to set up accounts?

No need for documentation.  After you install the appropriate Evo
backend package, to go Edit -> Preferences in Evo and add a new account,
and select the account type "Exchange MAPI".  Fill in the appropriate
values for the server and username etc. as normal.  It should be fairly
straightforward but ask if you get lost.

Sigh,

I tried all of the servers I could think of and was never able to
authenticate using the evolution-mapi backend...

I guess I will have to consult with one of the email admins back
at the university.

Thanks,

Jerry