Re: [Evolution] Trying to create Evolution-Exchange Account...

On Sun, 2010-05-30 at 13:43 -0400, Jerry LeVan wrote:
I have an Exchange Account at the University where I retired from.

There is a owa web interface and I can specify my username and
password on the 'initial page' of owa and log into my account.
What sort of questions should I ask the help desk?

You have to know what version of Exchange they're running on the server
(actually you can find that out by looking at the OWA login page.

Evolution and evolution-exchange ONLY supports Exchange 2003 (and the
one before that I think).  It does NOT support Exchange 2007.

If they are running Exchange 2007, you need to use the evolution-mapi
backend not evolution-exchange.

Note that in my experience the evolution-mapi backend is not stable
enough for everyday use, if you need the full gamut of features
(calendaring etc.)

If all you care about is support for email, then the BEST thing to do is
find out if they've enabled the IMAP support on the Exchange server.  If
they have then you can use normal Evolution IMAP to connnect and this is
very robust (but, IMAP doesn't support calendaring: only email).