Re: [Evolution] Trying to create Evolution-Exchange Account...
- From: Paul Smith <paul mad-scientist net>
- To: Jerry LeVan <jerry levan gmail com>
- Cc: "evolution-list gnome org" <evolution-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: [Evolution] Trying to create Evolution-Exchange Account...
- Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 17:33:57 -0400
On Sun, 2010-05-30 at 17:09 -0400, Jerry LeVan wrote:
They are running Exchange 2007. I am currently using IMAP and it works
but I have to send email through my ISP.
I'm not sure why that would be: is it because your server admins don't
allow sending mail via IMAP? I can send mail via IMAP to our Exchange
2007 server and it works.
I will take a look at the mapi back end. Does it come with documentation
on how to set up accounts?
No need for documentation. After you install the appropriate Evo
backend package, to go Edit -> Preferences in Evo and add a new account,
and select the account type "Exchange MAPI". Fill in the appropriate
values for the server and username etc. as normal. It should be fairly
straightforward but ask if you get lost.
] [Thread Prev