Re: [Evolution] PST interoperability

Hi everyone,

Sorry, didn't realise Evolution had support for this already, this is fantastic news. The last time I checked - admittedly this was in Ubuntu 9.04 - the only way to impost PST files was through the Windows version of Thunderbird. This feature should be more widely advertised, since this is regarded by many as the final hurdle to breaking MS Office dependence for new users coming from a Windows environment.

Kind regards,
FC Truter

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 9:54 AM, Jo-Erlend Schinstad <joerlend schinstad gmail com> wrote:
On 25 May 2010 22:12, FC Truter <fc truter gmail com> wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
> I have just read about the newly announced open source tools to work with
> the .PST format from Microsoft (story can be found
> at http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/05/24/microsoft_outlook_open_source_tools/).
> I then rushed over to the Evolution wiki to see if this would be
> incorporated into the next release, only to find nothing there. Are there
> any plans to incorporate this into Evolution, and can we propose this for a
> sprint into the next version of Evolution? This just seems to me like a
> critical feature that has been missing for so long and one that I personally
> feel would take Evolution to the next level.
> Kind regards,
> FC Truter

I don't understand. Evolution has had support for this for ages,
hasn't it? Are there any problems with Evolutions PST-support that I
don't know of? What would warrant such a sprint?

In 2.28, at least, you can simply use File > Import and then choose
"From a single file".

Jo-Erlend Schinstad