Re: [Evolution] PST interoperability

Hi all,

I don't understand. Evolution has had support for this for ages,
hasn't it? Are there any problems with Evolutions PST-support that I
don't know of? What would warrant such a sprint?

In 2.28, at least, you can simply use File > Import and then choose
"From a single file".

Last time I tried to import a PST file (half a year ago or so), I ran into
some problems with contacts, especially when they were split across several
folders. Files attached to contacts would be lost, as well, but that's just
because Evolution's data model doesn't support them, I guess.

Mind you, it was a friend's PST file: I'd love to break him off from Outlook,
but he's got this CRM-like workflow that I can't duplicate in Evolution :-/.
He attaches invoices and all relevant documents to each contact, so his PSTs
get really big: last time I checked it was like 1.2GB.

Antonio