Re: [Evolution] 2.92.91 imap-idle

On Tue, 2010-03-16 at 11:46 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Tue, 2010-03-16 at 16:38 +0100, randall wrote:
hi all,

not sure if i'm on the correct list here or if there's a seperate one
for the devs,

anyways.. im interested in the improved IMAP support

iâm running 2.29.91 on Ubuntu 10.04 beta from ppa at
https://launchpad.net/~francesco-marella/+archive/unstable-evolution

till so far it seams to work nicely (no crashes) in my daily usage and
iâm testing it to see if i can use it as a Thunderbird alternative.

iâm using it as an imap client to a zimbra server so the IMAP-IDLE
functionality is what i am looking for.

imap-idle seems to work, sort off, i donât have to press the send
receive button but i still need to refresh the inbox folder by selecting
another folder and then select my inbox again.

Or you could enable the periodic check in
Preferences-><account>->Receiving Options.

poc

uhhmm,

well yes, but that means i could also use pop3 and choose the option to
leave a copy on the server ;)

the benefit of the IDLE part in IMAP-IDLE is that you don't need to
send-receive and recheck all of your folders when you have server based
filtering.