[Evolution] Outdated Evolution questions.

I have seen several questions about evolution where the user is using an outdated version.  The answer is always to update his software and then see if the problem goes away.  This is, of course, as it should be.  However...

As much as I'm aware this specific question will become moot in a few days (Yea!), I'm sure one like it will come up again.  I'm using Evolution 2.28.2 on SUse 11.2.  As I understand it, the recommended process for updating is via the SUse repositories.  Evolution 2.30 is not available there, at least my updater applet does not show it..  My question is:  Is there a "proper" method of dealing with this situation?  What is it?

Bart