Re: [Evolution] Outdated Evolution questions.

On Thu, 2010-06-17 at 18:01 -0600, Bart wrote:
I have seen several questions about evolution where the user is using
an outdated version.  The answer is always to update his software and
then see if the problem goes away.  This is, of course, as it should
be.  However...

As much as I'm aware this specific question will become moot in a few
days (Yea!), I'm sure one like it will come up again.  I'm using
Evolution 2.28.2 on SUse 11.2.  As I understand it, the recommended
process for updating is via the SUse repositories.  Evolution 2.30 is
not available there, at least my updater applet does not show it..  My
question is:  Is there a "proper" method of dealing with this
situation?  What is it?

There are methods and scripts for compiling the latest version of Evo -
it's not for the novice user though and involves compiling the required
appropriate versions of various Gnome libraries before dealing with Evo.
Look in the list archives for pointers to the scripts.

P.