Re: [Evolution] Outdated Evolution questions.

On Fri, 2010-06-18 at 09:09 +0800, Ng Oon-Ee wrote:
On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 8:01 AM, Bart
<montana_evolution_user hardinmt us> wrote:
I have seen several questions about evolution where the user is using an
outdated version.  The answer is always to update his software and then see
if the problem goes away.  This is, of course, as it should be.  However...

As much as I'm aware this specific question will become moot in a few days
(Yea!), I'm sure one like it will come up again.  I'm using Evolution 2.28.2
on SUse 11.2.  As I understand it, the recommended process for updating is
via the SUse repositories.  Evolution 2.30 is not available there, at least
my updater applet does not show it..  My question is:  Is there a "proper"
method of dealing with this situation?  What is it?

Bart

That question should be asked of Suse. If they deploy a version they
commit to supporting it. Asking here may get you help (most likely) as
2.28 wasn't too long ago, but don't be surprised if the answer is
simply "this should be fixed in x.xx".

A reasonable response.  But, but, but...  While using the "current
version", I get used to seeing responses from members here that I come
to respect and trust.  As soon as the version changes, I have to change
lists?  I'll miss this list!

Your answer has to be the correct way though.  If I install a version
that is not provided by the distribution I use, security patches
certainly won't be provided.  I guess I just want it both ways!  <G>

Bart