Re: [Evolution] Reply for list messages should go back to the list

On Tue, 2010-07-13 at 14:46 +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
On Tue, 2010-07-13 at 09:07 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
Well, no. I'm advocating:
 - Reply To All to CC the author and reply to the list (the reverse of
the current situation).
Ah -- so a purely cosmetic change, just moving recipients between To:
and Cc: headers but still sending the reply to the _same_ set of
addresses as before? That seems reasonable enough. Like this message?
But in that case...
 - Ctrl-L to disappear, and Ctrl-R to change to reflect that it's
Reply To List.
.. won't some people still want the 'Reply to List only' option?

Yes, at least me.

A reply to a list should go to the list, full stop, end of story; at
least IMO.

<rant>If the poster says CC-me-I'm-not-on-the-list I say too-damn-bad
and very consciously ignore that request;  99.44% of the time that's
just someone wanting to get the benefits of the list without
participating.  Why should anyone bother to reply to someone who will
obviously and explicitly never reply to them?</rant>
--
Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam whitemice org> LPIC-1, Novell CLA
<http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com>