Re: [Evolution] Reply for list messages should go back to the list

On Tue, 2010-07-13 at 14:51 +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
On Tue, 2010-07-13 at 14:46 +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
On Tue, 2010-07-13 at 09:07 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

Well, no. I'm advocating:

 - Reply To All to CC the author and reply to the list (the reverse of
the current situation).

Ah -- so a purely cosmetic change, just moving recipients between To:
and Cc: headers but still sending the reply to the _same_ set of
addresses as before? That seems reasonable enough. Like this message?

I haven't so far received the message you're quoting, but yes, Reply To
All would still work as you expect.

Um, I mean like that message was when I _sent_ it, and the copy you
received directly. With you in Cc.

I didn't receive any such copy, see below.

For some bizarre reason, the copy that came back to me through mailman
had stripped you from Cc. Yay for munging. :)

I think that's because Mailman removes duplicates. If you weren't on the
list you would have received the CC, but as you are, you don't. It's not
munging as such within the meaning of the Act (the message still has the
CC header, it just wasn't used).

Note that I'm sending this to you, CC the list (using Shift-Ctrl-R). How
are you receiving it?

poc