Re: [Evolution] Strange behaviour of Ctrl-V

On Thu, 2010-07-01 at 08:52 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
If you say so. I find the discussion on the BZ page hard to follow, as
it's not clear to me what exactly is the intended behaviour. If I paste
from the Chromium location bar into a random command line or text
editor, I'm certainly getting the URL and not the contents, which is as
I would expect. I still don't understand why anyone would want something
different in Evo unless explicitly pasting into the attachment area.

BTW I also get the full file when copying and pasting into Evo from
Dolphin or Nautilus, so maybe it's not a Chromium bug but a
Firefox/Konqueror/Epiphany bug. The only thing that's clear is that
there's disagreement about what the "correct" behaviour should be.

From what you describe it sounds like Chromium is copying its location
bar text to the clipboard as a "text/uri-list" data type (which is all
the information Evolution has to act on) instead of just plain text.

"text/uri-list" is meant for use cases like highlighting a bunch of
files in a file manager and then moving or copying them elsewhere via
copy+paste or drag-and-drop.

The bug I pointed you to fixed the case of copying and pasting or
dragging and dropping highlighted files from Nautilus into the composer
window and having them show up as a bunch of URIs.  Expected behavior is
to insert them as attachments.  "text/uri-list" is the data type used to
negotiate that.

Chromium should be copying location bar content as "text/plain".