Re: [Evolution] Strange behaviour of Ctrl-V

On Thu, 2010-07-01 at 08:41 -0400, Matthew Barnes wrote:
On Thu, 2010-07-01 at 08:07 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
The comments on the BZ page all refer to Nautilus. However I'm not using
Nautilus, in fact I'm not even using the Gnome desktop. The URL I'm
trying to paste comes from the Chromium location bar running under KDE
4.4. If I copy-paste from other locations such as the Shell command
line, or even right-click and copy from a link within a web page, it
works as it should. In fact if I copy-paste from the location bar in
Firefox or Konqueror, it also works as it should.

That sounds like a Chromium bug then, if Firefox, Konqueror (and I'll
add Epiphany) all get it right.

If you say so. I find the discussion on the BZ page hard to follow, as
it's not clear to me what exactly is the intended behaviour. If I paste
from the Chromium location bar into a random command line or text
editor, I'm certainly getting the URL and not the contents, which is as
I would expect. I still don't understand why anyone would want something
different in Evo unless explicitly pasting into the attachment area.

BTW I also get the full file when copying and pasting into Evo from
Dolphin or Nautilus, so maybe it's not a Chromium bug but a
Firefox/Konqueror/Epiphany bug. The only thing that's clear is that
there's disagreement about what the "correct" behaviour should be.

poc