Re: [Evolution] problems using address books

On Tue, 2010-01-26 at 14:17 -0800, Al Niessner wrote:
I measured it four times. .0 is the new email with the contacts open but
the search has not yet been started. .1 is nearly right away (within 30
seconds) of starting an ldap name search..2 is long after the search
start. .3 is after ldap found the name I asked for.

        Hi,
from what I see the evo parts almost don't change, it's showing that you
are in a composer, and you clicked on one of To/Cc/Bcc buttons.

The eds part is also almost the same in all four cases, and what
surprises me is that only the first two are showing activity on ldap,
namely in poll_ldap, which means it's waiting on the server, but the
second two are not doing it.

I think the difference between search in a search bar and in this
autocompletion is in the search query. The search bar is using simplest
form, say "Name contains", which looks like:
(cn=*xxx*)
, but a search in the composer is like this one:
(| (displayName=xxx*) (mail=xxx*) (|(cn=xxx*)(sn=xxx*)) (sn=xxx*) )
Then the time for completion might be based on the server itself, how it
handles such queries.
        Bye,
        Milan