Re: [Evolution] How to Starti evolution again and save old files and settings?

On Tue, 2010-01-26 at 15:49 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Tue, 2010-01-26 at 20:05 +0100, Alpar Juttner wrote:
Hi Patrik,

Could you elaborate in which respect top posting is worse than simply
substituting the whole original message with '[...]'?

Certainly. The whole original message was deleted because I didn't want
to answer it in the form it was presented (even assuming I would have
answered it anyway; I actually stopped reading as soon as I realized it
was a hijack). My comment has nothing whatever to do with the content of
the message but with how it was posted.

It occurs to me that you might have been asking if it would have been OK
for the hijacker to delete the original message contents and proceed
from there (if you were being ironic, it wasn't clear).

The answer is no. Threads are defined by an RFC which specifies that
certain headers (In-Reply-To is one, there are others) are to be used to
indicate relationships between messages. That's why changing the Subject
line is not good enough. Evo actually has a prefence option to allow the
Subject line to be used as a fallback, since some broken mailers out
there don't follow the RFC correctly, but since that wasn't the case
here the option doesn't apply.

poc