[Evolution] Near showstopper problem in Evolution

There seems to be a problem in Evolution that is only being seen by users or quad-core CPUs and this problem is, as best I can tell from several web searches, not resolved or even particularly well characterized.

Too bad, since even though I like Evolution so far (and do NOT like Thunderbird - for reasons that I will mention below) this bug may be enough to force me to switch to another client.

The problem is that I many email accounts defined in Evolution. When I "Send/Receive" email, I get problems with multiple threads hanging while "Fetching Mail" and multiple pop-ups asking for the password for many of my accounts. The only way I can work around this is to close down Evolution completely, load my password into the clip-board, re-run Evolution, hit "Send/Receive", and Ctrl-v/Enter my way through a third of the accounts that pop up a dialog box asking for the password even though all accounts are configured to remember the password.

I generally have to do the "Send/Receive" and Ctrl-v/Enter twp or more times to successfully fetch the email from all my accounts.

Then, despite the fact that all my accounts are configured to check email every 6 hours or every 24 hours, I get prompted for missing passwords every few minutes.

If someone can help me set up some uber-log level, would be more than happy reproduce this defect doing so would help fix this. I reserve the right to sanitize the log to redact passwords or sensitive content.

Why don't I just switch to Thunderbird? Because I've looked it it don't like it. Thunderbird (and many other email clients) maintain an account-centric focus - you set up multiple accounts - each with separate in-boxes, out-boxes, file-folders, etc. The left hand panel then allows/forces you to work on each account in turn.

This assumes that the email address I use to interact with my friends every day is just as important as the email address I used to subscribe to the email list I've ignored for the past three years, the email address I use to interact with a current client, and the email address I gave to mail-order futon cover place.

In reality, I sort these emails into the A-list, B-list, C-list, and D-list and Evolution supports this adequately. I'd say perfectly if only could do case-insensitive comparisons because while I put out email addresses that end in @VernMcGeorge.com, I very often get back @vernmcgeorge.com.

Evolution maintains a folder focus that allows me to keep all the messy account details while sorting all my incoming email into an orderly folder tree. The only feature I do wish I had was the ability to go check email on a specific account manually - like right after I sign up on a new website and am expecting an activation email momentarily.

If I can't get this resolved, or at least get some kind of a work-around, I may end up switching to KMail, Claws Mail, or some other as yet TBD client even though I don't want to.

-- Vern