Re: [Evolution] HELP, please/reid

On Sun, 2010-01-03 at 15:32 -0800, Brewster Gillett wrote:
Does anyone have any ideas?

(1) in my Contacts editing screens, the Contacts are all listed
by their "sort by" fields (generally last name first, the default)
but when I am composing an email, smack "TO:", and get the
Contacts List popup, over there it lists them by the primary
name in the Contact record (generally first name first).

Reid Thompson wrote:

I see the same from head approx 2 weeks ago (will rebuild from head
today).  I've never found it to be an issue though.  I tend to use the
search box and/or autocomplete to find addresses that I need.

I find autocomplete, in any program, to be less than optimal, so to
me it's easier to hit the "TO:" and scroll down.

I thought the search function available in compose mode only searched
the body of the message? Are you saying it can be set to search the
Address Book?

Brewster wrote earlier:

(2) There are contacts that appear in the latter list but do not
show up in the former one. Which means they cannot be edited.

Reid Thompson wrote:

I don't know whether this issue exists for me or not.  I've not noticed
it, but that's not to say that it doesn't exist for me.  Are the
contacts being merged from a different 'list'?

reid

Absolutely not - they all came into 2.28.1 as a bunch from my earlier
version of Evo.

I am really finding all of this very puzzling, which is highly
uncomfortable; I'm not generally this puzzled over something which
should be fairly simple :-)

Brewster

2.28.1 under Ubuntu 9.10

Embrace a sharing community of sustainable justice low-carbon diversity
W. Brewster Gillett             bg fdi us            Portland, OR  USA
Simply because you don't like to hear it, that doesn't make it untrue.