Re: [Evolution] HELP, please/reid

Brewster Gillett wrote:

Reid Thompson wrote:

I see the same from head approx 2 weeks ago (will rebuild from head
today).  I've never found it to be an issue though.  I tend to use the
search box and/or autocomplete to find addresses that I need.

I find autocomplete, in any program, to be less than optimal, so to
me it's easier to hit the "TO:" and scroll down.
I thought the search function available in compose mode only searched
the body of the message? Are you saying it can be set to search the
Address Book?
no... the "To" address entry field will autocomplete addresses ( not sure if this is default or requires some checkbox to be ticked somewhere ).. I'm currently at home so don't have easy access to my evo. I can generally type 3 characters of an address in the "To" entry field and allow autocomplete to do the rest, hit enter, type 3 chars of the next address that I want, let autocomplete do the rest, repeat

In the address book itself, when i use it, i tend to do a similar thing... type in 3 chars in the search field and then dbl click the one i want..

Brewster wrote earlier:

(2) There are contacts that appear in the latter list but do not
show up in the former one. Which means they cannot be edited.

Reid Thompson wrote:

I don't know whether this issue exists for me or not.  I've not noticed
it, but that's not to say that it doesn't exist for me.  Are the
contacts being merged from a different 'list'?

reid

Absolutely not - they all came into 2.28.1 as a bunch from my earlier
version of Evo.

I am really finding all of this very puzzling, which is highly
uncomfortable; I'm not generally this puzzled over something which
should be fairly simple :-)

Brewster

2.28.1 under Ubuntu 9.10