[Evolution] HELP, please.

About three weeks ago I posted the query below to this list.
So far there has been zero response.

Let's ride the loop:

* This has apparently never cropped up in anyone else's installation

        * Therefore it must be presumed to be a feature, not a bug

                * If so, then there should be an option switch for it

I am not prepared to believe that this artifact could be presenting to
other users and not be noticed. So where does that leave us?

Does anyone have any ideas? My previous (4-year-old) version 1-Something
Evo didn't pull this crap on me.

Thank you,

Brewster

2.28.1 under Ubuntu 9.10