[Evolution] Get contacts from backup (not made by evolution!)

hi evolution-list,

im using evolution 2.26.1 and made backups from my ubuntu home directory
once per week. Cause a mistake i deleted one of my two address books. No
problem i thought, all i have to do is playing back the files from the
addressbook directory. But now evolution only know the name of the
address book. There are no entries in the book. Do i miss files?

Regards
Michael

PS: i already searched the mailing list archive, but found nothing
matching my problem.