Re: [Evolution] What happened to Evolution?

Trying to expunge, I get this error.

Error while Expunging folder 'Inbox'.

Summary and folder mismatch, even after a sync

On Tue, 2010-12-21 at 15:19 -0500, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
On Tue, 2010-12-21 at 21:04 +0100, Jean-Michel Pouré wrote:
> Le lundi 20 décembre 2010 à 09:14 -0500, Darren Govoni a écrit :
> > 1) I now get frequent "error storing folders", "error generating
> > message list"
> > 2) It's so slow. It is always "Storing folder", taking almost minutes
> > to complete. Its on average 5-8x slower
> > downloading, storing and viewing messages.
> > 3) Its very buggy. When new messages arrive, they no longer show up in
> > the folder I'm viewing.
> > I have to click another folder and click back to see them.
> > 4) For the first time ever, it corrupted my email files and I had to
> > recover from backup.
> I had these issues until I understood that the deleted messages are not
> deleted. They are simply hidden. Thus the mailboxes become huge and
> unusable. There is no automatic purge of deleted messages. This is a
> flaw in the design of Evolution.

Automatically purging messages would be an error. [IMHO the correct
solution is to *remove* the Hide-Deleted-Messages option].  You can't
make everyone happy.

> Use the purge feature. I don't remember exactly where it is hidden. I
> think it is in Folder=>Clean (or something like that).

Folder / Expunge - or - Ctrl-E

> Yes you are right. Using PostgreSQL to store the messages would make
> more sense.

That would make no sense for a local desktop application - to have to
have a database instance to store [cache] mail?