Re: [Evolution] Backing up Evolution files

On Sun, 2010-08-29 at 22:27 -0700, Martha McLaren wrote:
Thanks for this link.  I was easily able to create a backup for
Evolution -- it is now visible as an icon on my desktop.  Can someone
advise me whether I need to attach this and email it someplace to save
it? I'm assuming I can't just leave it on the desktop when I install
an updated version of Ubuntu.

That's not really a question about Evo, but about Ubuntu. If your update
preserves your home directory then you shouldn't have anything to worry
about. If it doesn't, you probably already have decided on a backup
method for your files, so that would also apply. If neither of the
above, just copy the Evo backup to someplace the update isn't going to
damage and then put it back afterwards.

poc