Re: [Evolution] Building Evolution

On Thu, 2010-04-29 at 07:52 -0400, Matthew Barnes wrote:
Paul Smith wrote up a custom Makefile to automate most of the process
of building Evolution from git.  See
http://mad-scientist.net/evolution.html

I've been working to get this going with Karmic (don't have Lucid yet)
and the latest 2.30 and master branches.

The master branch currently doesn't build well on Karmic due to lots of
extra requirements (needs a newer glib, and all that implies).  I'm
having problems compiling libgdata at the moment.

You can build the gnome-2.30 branch on Karmic successfully by using the
latest version of my makefile, plus a local.mk that contains this:

        BRANCH :=       gnome-2.30

Of course you can add other things as well as you like.  My personal
configuration is:

        LINGUAS :=      C
        CCACHE_DIR :=   $(abspath $(CURDIR)/../ccache)
        BRANCH :=       gnome-2.30
        PREFIX :=       /opt/evo-2.30

        local_PACKAGES := libxml2 libsoup

But you probably don't need a new libxml2 on Lucid.