Re: [Evolution] How do I schedule a recurring email message?

On Mon, 2009-09-28 at 09:59 -0500, Leonard Evens wrote:
I would like to send a recurring email message as a reminder, but i
can't figure out how to do it using evolution.

Previously I just used cron with something of the form
echo "...." | mail -s Reminder xxx yyy

Unfortunately, Comcast started blocking port 25 for security reasons.  I
set up evolution to use an alternate port, but I don't want to have to
bother figuring out how to do it for sendmail.

I tried using evolution's calendar to scehdule a recurring event.  But
the alarm option to send and email is grayed out.   I looked briefly at
the archives, and it appears that this is a well known bug or feature,
depnding on your point of view.

Is there some way to do what I want using evolution or some other
program?

(http://caspian.dotconf.net/menu/Software/SendEmail), which can send
SMTP to any port. It doesn't need sendmail.

poc