Re: [Evolution] Sig placement [Was: newbie questions]

I dont entirely disagree with you.

The problem is that there are frequently circumstances under which
having my sig appear at the bottom of a long quoted message is
impractical. For example, due to my position, I am frequently forwarded
long email exchanges to which I was not originally privy. I respond to a
whole new group of recipients, leaving the entire previous discussion
untouched so that the context of what has occurred is evident. In this
situation, it makes no sense for my signature to appear after many pages
of quoted text.

In the abstract, it would be nice if everybody followed best-practices
WRT email formation, but we live in the real world where people do not
behave rationally and I am in a position where I need to keep a written