Re: [Evolution] Duplicated Evolution Folders

On Wed, 2009-09-09 at 15:24 +0100, Steve T wrote:
EVOLUTION 2.8.3 under FC6

I have been using Evolution for a few years with only a few minor
problems - now I have an issue that I can't resolve.

All the VFOLDERS that I have have suddenly been duplicated on the
screen. The content of each 'duplicate' appears to be the same (so it
looks like just a display problem) - however, newly received mails
only show on one of the two folder headers. IE if I get 5 evolution
messages (into my Evolution vfolder) then only one of the two
Evolution vfolders will read Evolution (5) in bold. I have tried a
couple of things after googling this, but to not avail. I have tried:
1) Deleting the vfolders and views folders (after stopping evolution)
- but the dupliactes still appear on restart.
2) removing the index and summary files - again the duplicates still
appear.
3) I even tried moving .evolution out of the way and staring evoultion
- then stopping evolution again and copying back the Inbox,
Sent ...and vfolders.xml files - but the duplicates reappeared (and in
this case evolution crashed - so I reverted back to the
original .evolution structure).

I don't know that anyone will be able to help you with this. 2.8 is
several years out of date, as is FC6.

I presume you tried removing the duplicate vfolders from the
Edit->Search Folders dialogue. Failing that, you could stop Evo, delete
the XML file and restart, but of course you'd have to manually re-create
your vfolders.

Otherwise I don't know what to suggest except that you update your
system and Evo version to currently supported versions (F11 and 2.26.3
respectively).

PS As an aside, am I right in thinking that eve if I have 20 email
accounts in Evolution, the 'sending' always uses the SMTP connection
of the default account?

No, each account can have a different SMTP server. Of course I'm talking
about Evo 2.26. I've no memory of what 2.8 used to do.

Please ***read*** this mail if it appears duplicated. I was also
having some bad problems with sending mail yesterday that made it look
like SMTP was failing - it turns out  that I may have had a dodgy adsl
router (now replaced). So if you see combined message(s) relating to
SMTP sending issues/duplicated folders - ignore them. Apologies.

It doesn't appear to be duplicated, at least not yet.

poc