[Evolution] Email problem

I use Evolution under Ubuntu 8.04. Yesterday I upgraded to Ubuntu 8.10. Since then Evolution has not displayed any new email. It says it receives new email, but does not display it. I have successfully sent email, but it does not show up in the sent items folder. I checked via webmail. I renamed the .evolution folder and created a new one. Setup the email account and was able to recieve email. The sent items folder displays emails that I have sent. So how do I get the mail from the old evolution folder into the new one?

Ray