Re: [Evolution] New makefile for building Evolution from GIT

OK, I built a fresh copy with newly-obtained 2.28 branch code and I'm
trying harder to use the MAPI interface.  I still got a failure the
first time I tried to log in, like this:

e-data-server-ui-Message: Unable to find password(s) in keyring (Keyring reports: No matching results)
e-data-server-ui-Message: Key file does not have group 'Passwords-ExchangeMAPI'

But it asked for my password again and the second time I entered it, it
worked.

I am able to see my mailbox, and read mail with it.  The first try to
fetch each new mail message is pretty slow: it can take 2-3 seconds to
retrieve a message (I see the "Retrieving..." message in the status
bar).  After the first time it's cached locally I guess because it's
very fast.

Here's the killer: I cannot SEND any email.  Every email I try to send
is bounced back to me with an error like this for each recipient:

        The recipient's e-mail address was not found in the recipient's
        e-mail system. Microsoft Exchange will not try to redeliver this
        message for you. Please check the e-mail address and try
        resending this message, or provide the following diagnostic text
        to your system administrator.

Then there are some headers attached, and the destination header has a
bizarre format, like this:

        From: Paul Smith <psmith mycorp com>
        To: psmith
                <IMCEAEX-_O=MYCORP_OU=EXCHANGE+20ADMINISTRATIVE+20GROUP+20+28FYBIDOHF23SPDpsmith mycorp com>

I pretty much can't use Evo with MAPI if I can't send email :-/.

A few other things I noticed:
     1. None of the mail in my inbox has the proper "replied" or
        "forwarded" icons, for replies etc. I did using lookOut!  If I
        reply locally then I get the reply icon.  Surely this
        information is stored on the server with the message?  I can use
        different instances of lookOut on different systems and see
        this.
     2. Threading doesn't work: I turn it on but nothing happens.  This
        is a major bummer!  Not sure if it's lame lookOut! message
        headers or what.
     3. The "Sent Messages Folder" selector in the Account Editor
        "Defaults" tab is greyed out and can't be used.  Not only that
        but when I send mail via IMAP, I can't find any folder
        (including the local Sent folder) that contains the mail I just
        sent.  Oddly enough, the "Drafts" folder is not greyed out and I
        can change it.

The GAL and Contacts lists do, actually, seem to be working OK (although
since I can't send anyway that's not such a big deal ATM).

Calendaring is completely messed up.  First, loading my appointments
failed with an error, and while the calendar before last week seems
pretty much correct, everything starting with last week is either
missing completely (most of them), or wrong.  There is NOTHING in my
calendar past today (Thu), even recurring appointments.

Next, all my meetings starting with last Thursday (15 Oct) are showing
up as the wrong time--they are 4 hours later than they should be.  That
is, meetings that show as being scheduled at 3pm if I use OWA with my
browser, are showing up at 7pm in Evolution.

Looking at my log file I see a similar password error for calendaring; I
don't know if this is related to the above problems:

        calendar-gui-Message: Error occurred while existing dialog active:

        calendar-gui-Message: Error occurred while existing dialog active:

        e-data-server-ui-Message: Unable to find password(s) in keyring (Keyring reports: No matching results)
        e-data-server-ui-Message: Key file does not have group 'Passwords-Addressbook'

        (evolution:3391): gtkhtml-editor-WARNING **: : No such language