Re: [Evolution] New makefile for building Evolution from GIT

On Wed, 2009-10-21 at 12:44 -0400, Reid Thompson wrote:
I hope Paul was talking about MAPI calendars only, not about all remote
calendars. Both need an investigation for sure, as for me the MAPI
calendar seems to fetch and show some items and I can create an item
there as well. And I see them in OWA too.

I've just built MAPI using Paul's makefile and successfully configured
it.  I'm seeing the following anomalies

1) mapi calendar does not seem to be connecting ( OWA calendar works
fine )

I am talking about MAPI, yes.  I was able to connect to a Google
calendar and it worked fine.

I'm also having problems with the Global Address List using MAPI.

I still haven't found the time to categorize these issues more fully.

Note if you guys are able to connect to OWA, it means your Exchange
server is Exchange 2003 or earlier.  I hope that Milan, at least, has
access to an Exchange 2007 server to do testing; I was actually quite
happy with OWA capabilities and stability (and it took a lot of years to
get to that point, unfortunately!) but my company moved to Exchange 2007
so OWA is no longer an option for me.  I think Evo MAPI <-> Exchange
2007 is going to be the most common deployment.

Is there anyone who can describe which features of Evo 2.28.x are
expected (hoped?) to work with the MAPI backend?  I don't want to spend
too much effort trying to track down anomalies with functionality which
is not expected to work.

Also, it would be good if someone could give an update on the status of
the Evo "master" branch--I know there was upheaval due to the
kill-bonobo merge.  Is that settled down yet?  Is that branch worth
testing?

Cheers!