Re: [Evolution] top versus bottom posting and the "control-L" function

On Tue, 2009-10-20 at 15:47 -0400, Paul Smith wrote:
Personally my favorite Evo-only feature (at least I've not seen other
mail clients who use it) is how if you select a part of the message
then
reply, then only that part is quoted in your reply.  If you get used
this feature, then the likelihood that you'll want to do FURTHER
editing
is greatly reduced... so I always set "start typing at the bottom" as
that's what I almost always want to do.

Among my favorite features as well, and I rarely edit "after" hitting
reply.  It is, however, supported by kmail, Apple Mail.app, iPhone Mail
3.x, and Thunderbird (with a plug in), to my knowledge.  Maybe more
clients which I have never tried.

Ironically, thinking back 15-18 years ago, it was the aol users we hated
because their mailer didn't quote anything and it was hard to gauge
context.  You would get an email that just said, "yes" from someone you
hadn't recently asked a question.

--
Art Alexion
Resources for Human Development, Inc.          215-951-0300 x3075