Re: [Evolution] top versus bottom posting and the "control-L"function

El día martes, octubre 20, 2009 a las 02:57:10 -0400, Derek McDaniel escribió:

Its much easier to top post to non-mailing list clients. You need to
realize, most people are not computer savy and don't care about the
"netiquette" as much as Linux users do. I wont bottom post to a client or
anyone that's not on an email list. They get confused and it makes more work
for me to try and explain it. 90% of all users I email use top post except
for mailing lists.

I'm not a Linux user, but FreeBSD. You are right in one statement:
It's more easier to top post (with browser-like MUA, like OutLook,
Evo or any webmail in a real browser). The problem is that these
MUA are buggy or wrong coded. A good MUA (good in the sense of following
standards and netiquette) would:

1. include correctly marked the text (like your text above)
2. add the signature correctly started with "-- ", note the blank,
   (like mine below)
3. put the write mark (cursor) between the included text and the
   signature)

OutLook, for example, put the write mark on top of all, people start
to key-in and don't care about where they type. In addition they are
to clueless/careless/lazy to remove included text, because they would
have to mark this painfull with the mouse.

All this would not happen if you use a realy good MUA (like 'mutt')
and a good text editor (like 'vim'), as I do.

In addition: if you don't explain the clueless what they are
doing wrong, the world would not improve.

        matthias
--
Matthias Apitz
«...una sola vez, que es cuanto basta si se trata de verdades definitivas.»