Re: [Evolution] Automatic GPG encryption

On Fri, 2009-10-16 at 06:55 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
I use GPG a lot, but it is actually more complicated than just "always
encrypt".  What if no key is available, should it complain or just
silently not encrypt?

It complains to me when the recipient key is not found and asks me to
change send options.

What if multiple keys match: should it fail,
prompt user to select a key, or silently just pick one [the later
seems bad]?

It picks recipient key based on the email address. I've not much idea
what it does when you've more than one key for a person, though it
definitely doesn't ask you to pick one.

Personally, using GPG a lot, I'd much rather have Seahorse
<http://live.gnome.org/Seahorse> included in GNOME and integrated
better with Evolution.  I *love* Seahorse.  Finally an app that makes
managing crypto stuff not painful.

I'm wondering whether such integration might fix all the above or not.
Did you try to set 'use-agent' in your: ~/.gnupg/gpg.conf
If I recall correctly it uses something from seahorse. But I might be
wrong here.

Oh, and thanks for all the pointers to bugzilla. It really seems to be a
long run, as you said.
        Bye,
        Milan