Re: [Evolution] Automatic GPG encryption

El jue, 15-10-2009 a las 20:58 +0100, Paul Leyland escribi?:

This is probably a FAQ though I haven't yet found the answer anywhere.

How can I configure Evolution so that it *always* encrypts to the GPG
key of the recipients of the mail I send?

It's easy to see how to set it always to sign with GPG and/or SMIME and
always to encrypt SMIME mail.

Is there a solution, perhaps incorporating some third-party add-on or
some scripting?  Alternatively, should this issue be raised as a
request-for-enhancement?

Paul

When you create a new mail select  Security > Encript with PGP.  And it
will do it.

That's all
Sylvia

Thanks, but perhaps I didn't phrase my question precisely enough.  I'd
hoped the emphasising of *always* would be sufficient but clearly not.

Your advice is what I use every time I wish to send encrypted email.
Unfortunately, I have *to remember* to do it every time I wish to send
encrypted mail.  In a security-conscious environment this is a very bad
requirement because everyone forgets to do things occasionally and so
sensitive information will leak out en clair.

What I'm asking for is that GPG-encryption be the default for outgoing
mail.  If I wish to send plaintext, I should be required to
check/uncheck a config entry.  If at least one recipient's key is
missing from my keyring a window should pop up informing me of which
key(s) could not be found.

With that clarification, does anyone else have suggested solutions for
my problem?

Cheers,
        Paul