[Evolution] Feature-Debate [Was: Reply-To: field on the evolution list]

     I. On Tue, 2009-10-13 at 12:28 -0400, Art Alexion wrote:
On Sun, 2009-10-11 at 22:17 -0400, B. Joshua Rosen wrote:
I think it's a terrible mistake to be adding any new features to
Evolution until the bugs have been fixed.
Maybe.  This is much more complicated issue than that.  Sometimes bugs
are quite difficult whereas a feature implementation might be trivial.

Yep.

Nobody cares about
customizable toolbars or keyboard shortcuts, those things can wait.
I care.

It would be nice for me, but not really a killer-feature.  I'd be very
happy just to have toggle on/off even if the icons remained but where
disabled.

Evolution is in a terrible state at the moment. It crashes all of the
time, it should never crash. It loses the ability to talk to pop
server
after 24 hours (at least it loses the ability to talk to Comcast's
servers) which necessitates restarting the app.
2.26.1 in Ubuntu never crashes for me.  Perhaps your instability issue
is related to something else.

No crashes on openSUSE 11.1

I have constant problems with message counts, and occasional problems
with missing messages that I solve with a script that deletes the
indices.  This is annoying, but not a deal breaker for me.  It is a deal
breaker as far as deploying Evolution to non-technical users.

Hmmm, I've never seen that one.

We should never expect that our preferences are universal and apply to
others.  I haven't used virtual folders since it was Ximian Evolution

I haven't used them since the advent of Beagle.  Now if I want anything
I just search - and there everything is.  Although now it looks like I
have to switch to using Tracker as Beagle is unmaintained.