Re: [Evolution] stability/stability

On Sun, 2009-10-11 at 17:09 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
Have you reported them? Don't assume the devels know that there's a
problem, and don't just report it here as most devels don't read the
list.

Well, I did it.  Now I feel like an idiot.  Briefly the description
is "Evolution freezes.  Start it and watch it crash."  If I were a
developer, I'd go right on to something else.

================== The actual bugzilla entry follows ==================

        Description of problem:
        Several times a day evolution freezes, doesn't respond to input or
        refresh its window.  Generally, if I click on the window decoration to
        delete the window, the window manager (gnome) puts up an error box that
        evolution is not responding and asking if I want it killed.  When I
        respond yes and restart evolution it runs fine for a while, then crashes
        again after a while.  Sometimes no box appears (evolution must be
        responding to a message from the window manager, though nothing is
        visible on the screen), and in this case evolution has to be killed from
        a command window.  All of these crashes seem to be quite random: the
        evolution window can be visible on hidden (when visible) displaying or
        composing mail or doing nothing.

        Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
        evolution-2.26.3-1.fc11.x86_64

        How reproducible:
        Not very.

        Steps to Reproduce:
        1. Start Evolution
        2. Wait for it to freeze

        Actual results:
        Evolution freezes

        Expected results:
        Evolution continues to run OK

        Additional info:
        I know this is not very helpful, but I have been advised to post this to
        the bugzilla, since developers don't follow the evolution mailing list.