Re: [Evolution] stability/stability

On Sun, 2009-10-11 at 16:00 -0700, Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
On Sun, 2009-10-11 at 17:09 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
Have you reported them? Don't assume the devels know that there's a
problem, and don't just report it here as most devels don't read the
list.

Well, I did it.  Now I feel like an idiot.  Briefly the description
is "Evolution freezes.  Start it and watch it crash."  If I were a
developer, I'd go right on to something else.

You said earlier that it crashed, which isn't what your BZ report says.
Crashing and freezing are different things. In many ways debugging a
crash is much easier since you can get a core dump. Debugging a freeze
means trying to narrow down the exact conditions that make it occur.

Also, when mentioning a BZ report here on the list it's conventional to
give the bug number (or better, the URL of the BZ page) in case someone
wants to add anything.

poc