Re: [Evolution] stability/DavidL

On Thu, 2009-10-08 at 18:09 -0700, bg wrote:

Ng Oon-Ee wrote:

I've found that for multi-part messages, if instead of clicking
'Reply' (or 'Reply to all'), you select the text of the message and then
click the appropriate button, it replies properly to the text, meaning
no dotted box and no problems formatting. Try it out.

bg:

I did, just now, and it didn't fly. Maybe my version of Evo is
too ancient (a distinct possibility) or maybe I'm not understanding the
instructions. I highlighted the entire block in the original message as
received, and assumed that by "the appropriate button"
you meant "REPLY". Smacking that with the original selected, though
it did shift me, as expected, into REPLY EDIT mode,  did *not*
banish the dotted line box around the text, nor any of the
formatting as near as I could determine.

Brewster

Try with just one part of the message. Start with a single paragraph.
I'm not sure exactly what its doing, but generally works for me when
replying to emails from product suppliers, only reply to their own part
(which is generally text) while ignoring all the advertorials which make
up 90% of the email.

So, if the email looks like:-

XXX has said:-

<whatever she said>

/* LOTS OF COLOURFUL ADVERTS */

I'd just highlight the part labelled <whatever she said>.