Re: [Evolution] Grand Plans

On Mon, 2009-11-16 at 11:56 -0500, Matthew Barnes wrote:
This is a long-term vision.  We'll continue fixing the symptoms that
users report, but we also need to treat the disease that's at the heart
of these bugs if Evolution is ever going to turn its reputation around.

Just to follow up on this, in the interest of being more transparent to
the user community, today I posted to the evolution-hackers list my long
term plans for Camel.  Camel is our mail storage and networking library.
It's where the disease lies.

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-hackers/2009-November/msg00019.html

It's a bit technical, but the gist is that it's a significant course
correction.  In a way, it's a response to a design document that's been
sitting in our source tree for nearly a decade:

http://git.gnome.org/cgit/evolution/tree/mail/README.async

To be clear, we're still focused on the current bug list.  This is all
just strategery for Evolution 3 (and not necessarily "point-oh").

Matthew Barnes