Re: [Evolution] Cannot empty trash

On Sat, 2009-11-14 at 10:36 -0600, Clarke wrote:
I keep trying to empty my trash folder, and the option to delete
individual mails is greyed out.  I get an error that says, "Error
while expunging folder."  "Summary and folder mismatch, even after a
sync."  I have seen a lot of webpages that reference this error, but
none that provide a straight answer of how to finish.  They point to a
bunch of files that I can't fine (beginning with a tilde).

A tilde in a path just means your home directory - it's standard Unix
shell notation.  So ~/.evolution means the directory .evolution in your
home directory - if you do 'cd ~/.evolution' it will take you to the
correct place.

The definitive answer to your query is in the Evolution FAQ,
specifically at

http://www.go-evolution.org/FAQ#Why_do_I_get_an_error_.22Summary_and_folder_mismatch.2C_even_after_a_sync.22.3F

(Can we not put the location of the FAQ in the mailing list sig - it
seems that at the moment many of the questions here can be answered by
looking in the FAQ)

  How do I find these files, and if deleting them is not the answer,
does anyone know of how to remedy this?

Depends on what the problem is.  If deleting the index files doesn't
work, then run Evo with debugging turned on and post the relevant bits
here, someone will probably be able to tell you what the issue is.

P.