Re: [Evolution] Cannot see BCC recipients in sent mails

Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

On Thu, 2009-05-14 at 19:25 -0700, Tim Zakharov wrote:
On Thu, 2009-05-14 at 21:19 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Thu, 2009-05-14 at 18:33 -0700, timzak wrote:
What is the trick to being able to see who the BCC recipients are in
a mail
that you send?  I can see the recipients in the BCC list before I
send the
email, but after sending, I go to my sent mail and look and cannot
see any
BCC recipients.  Is there something to enable to be able to see this?

See http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2822#section-3.6.3

Of the three options for implementing BCC discussed in the RFC, I think
Evo uses the first one i.e. it simply removes the BCC header but sends
the message to all the recipients. Since it stores a copy of what it
sent, that's what ends up in the Sent folder.

I don't think you can change this, short of asking for an enhancement.

poc

Thanks for the quick response.  I'm really surprised that this is
intended behavior.  I often send out a mail and bcc a few people, then
later cannot remember if I bcc'd someone in particular.  So it appears
I have no way of reading my own sent message to find out who was bcc'd
and who was not?

I've never needed this myself or seen anyone ask for it, but as I said,
you can request an enhancement. Go to http://bugzilla.gnome.org.

poc

PS Please don't post HTML to this list.

Okay, I figured out the problem.  It's related somehow to Gmail.  I use
Gmail with IMAP in Evolution.  The LOCAL sent folder in Evolution holds
local copies of my sent mails, and in these, it shows BCC recipients
properly.  I was examining the IMAP Sent Mail folder, which for some reason
does not show BCC recipients.

Thank you for the replies and help.  I looked through Gmail's settings and
cannot find anything that's related to showing BCC recipients, so I need to
look in the local sent folder from now on.