Re: [Evolution] Annoying Bug/Teiken

On Wed, 2009-05-06 at 07:14 +0100, AlpÃr JÃttner wrote:
Lots of people suggest this, but I've never heard a satisfactory advice
on what to use instead. Could you tell me how to send someone say a
simple table if not in HTML? In a .doc or .xls file? HTML is at least
standardized, cross-platform and directly supported by contemporary mail
clients and web-mail services.

use one of the text based browsers to convert it.. (lynx, links, elinks,
etc ).

I was waiting for this "clever" advice. Did you noticed that majority of
e-mail clients - including Evolution - use proportional fonts by
default?
This makes ASCII figures completely unreadable for most users, so using
them is much more annoying than a HTML mail.

Yes, Evolution can be configured to use monospaced font, but it is a
nonsense to force people switching to these fonts because of the
occasional ASCII arts.

I've never seen Evo use proportional fonts except for HTML mail, but of
course I may have set it up that way many years ago. I simply don't
remember.

Also, I have no idea how to have gmail to use monospaced fonts.

Google Labs has an option for this, which I use.

poc