Re: [Evolution] removing a newsgroup subscription, manually

On Fri, 2009-03-20 at 08:47 -0400, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
What about running evolution with --offline, removing
account, closing evolution, deleting
and starting evolution with --online and reentering the account again?

I have forty-eleven other newsgroups subscribed on the same account.  I
really don't want to have to subscribe to them all again.  This is just

I'm sorry, I just checked and all the subscriptions are stored in
~/.evolution/mail/nntp/.ev-summary binary file, with names of all known
groups on the server. I've no idea which flag means subscribed and which
not, maybe making a copy of that file (because deleting means losing all
subscribed folders) and garbling name of the offending folder might help
a bit. A gross workaround. When something goes wrong put back backuped

Feel free to open an enhancement request in to
be able to manage subscriptions on nntp in offline. Should be doable for
accounts which have downloaded folder list.

(Same applies for the below things you mentioned and I erased here.)

What's your evolution version?

Good. :)