[Evolution] sharing contacts without ldap-server

Hello,

I plan to run a k12linux installation for a small non-profit environment
group with six work places. I would like to use evolution as mail client
and give people access to common contacts. Since all the users reside on
the same machine there seems to be no need to install a ldap-server.

But is it possible to share contacts with evolution without ldap?

I would like to avoid to install a full fedora directory server just to
share contact data between evolution accounts on the same machine. Is
there a simple way of doing this? Or does anyone know of a ldap-server
stripped and tailored to do only contacts and thus simple to install and
configure?

Help and ideas are greatly appriciated!

Lars