Re: [Evolution] Evolution 2.26 released

On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 09:42:35 +0800
"Joshua Duan (CI/AFR-SG)" <joshua duan sg bosch com> wrote:

The PST-importer plugin depends on libpst1; libpst1 has not yet
reached the repositories.

I have installed libpst1 from PPA. How shall I enable the PST import
plugin in Evolution?

You will need to build Evolution to get the PST-importer, as I stated
below.

After libpst1 is put available, Evolution will have to be rebuild
against it (say, this would make it evolution-2.26.0-0ubuntu3, or
the like).

Or you are saying that the only way is to build from the sources
listed on lauchpad [1] ?

Yes.

The PST-importer plugin will only build if the library (libpst) is
available. So, right now on 2.26.0 Jaunty... there is no libpst
available (because it has not yet been accepted), so Evolution 2.26.0
did *not* get the plugin.

The easiest way to build your own Evolution:

1. install the libpst from the PPA (or download the sources from REVU,
and build & install it locally).
2. 'sudo apt-get build-dep evolution' (this will install *all* build
dependencies for Evolution)
3. 'sudo apt-get -b source evolution' (this will download the source
Evolution package, and immediately build it. It will take some time).
4. The result of the build will be a series of '.deb's on the directory.
Install them: 'sudo dpkg -i *.deb. You do not need to install the .ddeb.
5. restart Evolution.

Cheers,

..hggdh..