Re: [Evolution] Evolution 2.26 released

On Fri, 2009-03-20 at 06:09 -0500, hggdh wrote:
Yes.

The PST-importer plugin will only build if the library (libpst) is
available. So, right now on 2.26.0 Jaunty... there is no libpst
available (because it has not yet been accepted), so Evolution 2.26.0
did *not* get the plugin.

The easiest way to build your own Evolution:

1. install the libpst from the PPA (or download the sources from REVU,
and build & install it locally).
2. 'sudo apt-get build-dep evolution' (this will install *all* build
dependencies for Evolution)
3. 'sudo apt-get -b source evolution' (this will download the source
Evolution package, and immediately build it. It will take some time).
4. The result of the build will be a series of '.deb's on the directory.
Install them: 'sudo dpkg -i *.deb. You do not need to install the .ddeb.
5. restart Evolution.

        Hi,
maybe I'm wrong, but I've a wild guess. Plugins are supposed to work
separately from main evolution code, thus I think that installing devel
packages for evolution, (and maybe also evolution-data-server and
gtkhtml), and source package for evolution only, and not compile&install
whole evolution, but only evolution/plugins/pst-import should work.

Just a guess.
        Bye,
        Milan