Re: [Evolution] Help needed!! Contacts crashes after adding new email addresses to the address book

On Fri, 2009-03-13 at 11:22 +0100, Milan Crha wrote:
On Thu, 2009-03-12 at 17:29 +0100, Svante R Signell wrote:

This is _very_ annoying!!

      Hi,
would you mind to open a bug report in http://bugzilla.gnome.org with
backtraces of the crash, so someone can look whether it's something
known and help you with your exact problem instead of pointing you to
some, maybe irrelevant, files? Please send here also a bug number you
enter, just for a reference. Thanks in advance.
Also, try to reproduce this while running evolution from console, after
evolution --force-shutdown
there's some possibility you'll see some related information there (but
not always).

To answer your questions:
your address book's setup is stored in gconf,
/apps/evolution/addressbook/...
but local address books are stored in
~/.evolution/addressbook/local
with all your contacts added there. Remote address books is quite
different story.
      Bye,
      Milan

How can I get the backtraces. When crashing I only get the following popup window message:
Evolution error:

The evolution addressbook has quit unexpectedly.

Your contacts for file:///home/user/.evolution/addressbook/local system
will not be available until Evolution is restarted.

Next step is to start evo manually in a terminal to see if something
more shows up.

Thanks,
Svante