Re: [Evolution] Problem viewing calendars on multiple machines

You mean like you already do for mail? Seriously, since we're talking
about syncing information, there isn't a huge cost if the service
suddenly disappears since you already have backups on your devices.

The OP did say that they don't want to use an online service.  ... and
what do you mean "like you already do for mail?".  OK, my mail is
transferred via the internet but I don't save any of it out there.
Some people (the OP and me included apparently) don't like leaving
lots of our data hanging about out there.

If he's already running his own mailserver, he should just install Funambol
on that machine and use it for syncs. It really isn't complicated.