Re: [Evolution] Problem viewing calendars on multiple machines

On Mon, 2009-03-09 at 00:39 -0400, Michael A. Gilchrist wrote:
Being a newbie and not wanting to use an online service, I set my calendars up
as "On this computer".  However, the only one that seems to appear on my
laptop and workstation is the "Personal" calendar.  All of my other ones I
made on my workstation don't appear on my laptop's calendar view (yet appear
to be on the machine).

        Hi,
list of all setup calendars is stored in GConf, key
/apps/evolution/calendar/sources
but playing with underlying files while the gconf daemon is running does
"nothing", because the gconf daemon caches those values and rewrites
your file changes. One is supposed to run gconftool-2 --shutdown (and
close all other applications which may invoke a daemon again too) before
playing with gconf files, but even with that it's not a good thing
anyway. Say it's fine when you want to move your setup from one machine
to another, but doing it regularly is really not the best thing. Though
can work when you'll be careful.

When you look on structure of the sources key, then also ensure it'll
point to the right folders (if your username doesn't differ between
machines, then probably nothing to be changed).

Note there are other "sources" for address books, memos, tasks and mail
accounts too.
        Bye,
        Milan