Re: [Evolution] Viewing attachments in Evo?

On Wed, 2009-06-24 at 06:57 +0000, Han Pilmeyer wrote:
On Tue, 2009-06-23 at 11:06 -0400, Matthew Barnes wrote:
On Tue, 2009-06-23 at 07:43 -0400, Jim McKean wrote:
I don't think I have received a pdf in the last 6 months that I can open
inside Evolution.  It's rather annoying, because I get many a day and I
usually only need to open and review the content in them, not save them.
It is part of an approval workflow procesive s.

It would help if you specified the Evolution version you're running, as
attachment handling underwent a major rewrite between 2.26 and 2.27.

I had exactly the same issue on Ubuntu Intrepid 8.04 with Evolution
2.24. I don't think it happened immediately after I upgraded to
Intrepid. But in any case my upgrade to Ubuntu Jaunty 9.04 with
Evolution 2.26 fixed the issue.

Double clicking the saved files from Nautilus would start the correct
application, so it appears to be something that was specific to
Evolution.

--
Han Pilmeyer
pilux_at_pilmeyer_dot_nl

Thanks, that's the first confirmation I have had that others have have
exactly the same problem.

I don't want to use regular Ubuntu on my netbook -- I like it a lot on
full sized machines, but on my eeepc I am using a netbook distribution
based on Ubuntu called Easy Peasy.  I guess I will wait for their next
release which is due sometime soon.